Mom and Dad stand at the Loving Couple, two trees growing together.
- Mom and Dad stand at the tree where the first wagon rode through!
A gorgeous, graceful, looming Sequoia stands tall.
- Dad pauses by the river in the Wawona area.
- Dad relaxes in the late summer sun by the pool at the Tenaya Lodge, just outside Yosemite Park.
- One day we went on a hike - famously led astray by Marianne's lack of direction! - but we found some beautiful scenery. Here's Mom and Dad by a lake.
- A postcard view of the same lake.
- A tree seemingly split in two - I named it the V tree, V for victory, as we had a great hike despite being completely lost!
- And the mountain and the lake stood there ...
- Where we stopped for lunch - Dad can be seen far away, if you squint real hard and believe!
- At our lunchbreak - again, if you squint hard, you'll see Mom and Dad on the far side.
- On the way back, Dad helpfully points out the direction we should have taken.
- A radiant hiker is spotted on the trail!
- Dad shows what an ice chest looks like in the Ahwanee. He knows well, as he searched many floors of the main Ahwanee lodge before he found a chest that held any ice.
- Mom and Dake (and Marianne) partake of the afternoon tea and cookies in the Ahwanee Lodge. We had to produce proof of Ahwanee lodging before they'd give us tea!
- The main building of the Ahwanee Lodge.
- A very bad and dark shot of part of the cottage where we stayed, at the Ahwanee.
- Mom and Dad at the famous (but by September, dried up) Bridalveil Falls.
- Bridalveil Falls, what there is of it!
- Dad climbs up the rocky approach to Bridalveil Falls.
- Dad stands up and poses, smiling, having made it a good way up the falls.
- Annikin doesn't like the commercials ...
- ... but she is enraptured by the news!
- Dad snoozes on the couch, with Mom smiling.
Last modified: December 12, 2001