The Day After: June 28, 2003
- Sunglasses and strudel at the castle, before our fateful tour.
- Proof that we were all together at the start.
- Peggie and Ryan contemplate dessert.
- The Salzburg Panorama series begins! All these pictures of Salzburg were taken from various vantage points in the castle.
- It was a beautiful day for it.
- The Salzach River winds nearby.
- I believe it's the Dom.
- A view of a nobleman's estate from the Castle, and, the small house where the official executioner is said to have lived.
- An 'art' shot of Salzburg, taken through the metal grillwork ovr the window.
- Vote today on which view of Salzburg you like the best!
- A king. Or an important guy. I forget now who he was.
- The full figure of the king.
- Oh no! More panorama!
- If you look closely, you'll see the chessplayers playing with life-size pieces.
- A moody atmospheric shot of just some of the interconnected buildings.
- This was supposed to be an 'art' shot of white and light and shadow, but pesky tourists kept getting into the frame.
- Can you read relief on these faces? A two-hour inadvertent separation -- something out of Bugs Bunny -- thankfully came to an end, and we readied to head towards ...
- ... the Augustiner Braustuebl! Ryan gets his first introduction.
- Linda is probably drinking orangina.
- Ryan guards his beer(s) while Michael explains the topology of the Great Two-Hour Dad Misplacement.
- Ryan watches Aunt Linda and Uncle Gary, and Grandpa and Grandma, in the beer garden. He is happy with the food you get from the little deli booths.
- Ryan and Kathi - and why is Kathi always beautiful? Is she the most photogenic person on the planet, or, is she just beautiful?
- 50 years, 1 day minus two hours and counting ... things have settled down to normal.
- Hang in there, Linda and Gary, a few more decades and it'll be 50 years.
- Gary is relaxed and happy at Augustiner Braustuebl.
- Aunt Linda and Rachel have a philosophical discussion (about environmentalism and Milka bars) in the beer garden.
- Another hurtin' cameo! I seem to specialize in getting people when they turn away from each other, and/or when they start to close their eyes.
Last modified: October 10, 2003