Austria, July 1-2, 2003
July 1, 2003:
- After Gary, Linda, Kathi, Dad and I went through the Salt Mines Tour, it was time for a good long sit-down lunch. Luckily the nearby town boasted a brewery and luckily we missed the turn-off for McDonald's. At least I think Dad came along. Corrections, anyone?
- Joy and Happiness Abound! For we have found a Foundry of Bier!
- Ah! This time the name is visible! It is the blessed Braustuebl Kaltenhausen.
- You might not immediately recognize this as an "art shot" but indeed such it is. The mountain doth dwarf the manly bier hall.
- Life is suddenly reverting to normal. Dad has swiped Linda and Kathi for a game of Skip-Bo.
July 2, 2003:
- Dad likes the pretzel effect of the clouds wrapped around the mountain.
- Green shrubs, tidy houses, implacable mountains: the Austrian landscape.
- Happy family under the looming Pretzel Cloud Mountain: Dad, Kathi, Linda, Gary.
- What is there to do on a beautiful afternoon but head for the nearest cafe and contemplate dessert?
- A waterfall along the way that Linda, Gary, Kathi and I hiked.
- The beautiful valley that we hiked.
- The landscape is now populated with Gary and my weissbier!
- The hardy campers raise a toast under the fierce mountain!
- The cat takes a liking to Kathi.
- The cat even deigns to say hello to Marianne, who is very seriously wondering how to handle the situation.
- Linda in silhouette.
Last modified: October 10, 2003