Rome: July 3, 2003
- The view out my window from the hotel in central Rome where I stayed, Alberto Sole.
- A close-up of the statues across the way.
- I couldn't get enough of this view!
- A view of 1/2 of my hotel room - it was very simple, just a bed and a table and a TV.
- Well, there was also a big open window, and a large wardrobe ...
- ... an art view out the window.
- The local fountain.
- Another perspective on the local fountain.
- These cars grabbed me: the tiny little Smarts that you see all over Europe, but especially in parking-spot-hungry Rome.
- The Parthenon snuck up on me!
- The Parthenon - partly - with the Elephant monument.
- I approach the Parthenon slowly ...
- Inside the Parthenon, the sun shines brightly through the dome.
- The amazing sun-shadow of the Parthenon illumination.
- The Parthenon from the front, from the square thronged by tourists at eateries.
- I'm embarrassed to say I don't recall which church is being illumined from which dark space.
- Rome is architecture, Rome is church.
- Navarro Square, in scaffolding.
- The view from the cafe near Navarro Piazza - one of the cafes recommended by "cafe life Rome", a book I used as my secondary guide book. Locate a famous spot; admire; locate the cafe nearby frequented by locals; rest.
- A landmark building on the main drag near my hotel.
- Another view, in fading light.
- Modern Rome rushes by old, solid Rome.
- But across from my hotel, there's a Hello Kitty store!
Last modified: October 15, 2003