Yosemite Association Day Hike - Glen Aulin
Saturday, August 16, 2003:
- Diddo sings to us one of her original compositions.
- Three hikers form a pyramid of restfulness.
- Donkeys for hire! A possibly easier way to cover the trail, although it doesn't look comfortable to me.
- Faraway peaks - you'd think I'd remember if it's Cock's Comb or not -
- To the right ...
- Most of the hiking group, taking a break for lunch.
- Or is this range known as Cathedral Peak(s)? I really am hopeless with names.
- The warm, gentle pools that formed near our lunch spot. At least 5 of us (not me) stripped down and went skinny dipping.
- Mountains reflected in pool, next to enormous granite slab.
- The granite seems to be a blanket covering the hill all the way to the top.
- Inexplicably, he suddenly stripped down to shorts and sprinted to the top of the hill. On the way back down, he rested, as if swimming in granite.
- A snowcone of granite.
- This picture is washed out - away in the distance are mountains upon mountains.
- The view from the local maxima.
- Water cascading down to our warm pools.
- A close-up of the cascade.
- Closer to Glen Aulin, another amazing rock formation and waterfall.
- I keep trying to get close-ups of the waterfalls, with mixed success.
- Looking towards Glen Aulin High Sierra Camp bridge (possibly?)
- Blue water deep in the valley.
Last modified: November 4, 2003