The Great Apartment-Warming Party, October 25
- Joel, oboe!
- Jorge, my neighbor from Winding Way in San Carlos.
- Eugene, hiking buddy, covers his face with a mysterious hand signal.
- Audrey was working non-stop all evening - first she cooked, then she cleaned. There was a brief moment when she sat down to have a bit to eat, and I seized the moment and got this picture.
- Joann is a writer from last quarter's Stanford class in fiction writing. Apparently during the day she is a hardware engineer at Analog. She and her husband helped out bigtime by bringing 6 folding chairs, which was about as many as we could fit in the apartment.
- Caitlin (left) is a Yosemite hiker, and Natasha (right) is a musician. Natasha is her stage name. She often goes by Jeannie. I think.
- Suzanne (writer) and her friend Loren.
- Connie is a good friend from La Selva.
- David and Vicky - David is a Sun alum but we met at Asilomar in the early 90's.
- Miriam and I met at Sun, but that seems a long time ago - we're hiking buddies plus I tag along to any of her myriad musical concerts, including the occasional gig.
- An attempt to photograph the room. This picture makes everything look quite staid. There really was quite a hubbub!
- The 7 pints of gelato appear.
- It's 2 a.m. Audrey has long ago cleared off the table and cleaned everything up. Joel and Natasha/Jeannie engage in a debate about musical qualities of Zappa. (Probably.)
- Audrey has pretty much done everything that can be done, in the way of cleanup, so she no longer has to scold me "Get out of my kitchen!"
Last modified: October 27, 2003