Florence, Italy: August 9, 2004
- I walked
up to Piazza Michaelangelo, which is on the other side of the river,
and sort of "away" from the city proper. As if you'd pass it by on
your way out of town (but not that far at all; just uphill.) I think
this is just a scenic looking bridge I passed on the way up.
- At the piazza, what else ... another copy of David.
- A stone wall through some gardens in the further part of the city.
- The view of Florence from Piazza Michaelangelo.
- Ditto; focus on the Duomo.
- View towards Ponte Vecchio.
- View towards the Jewish Synangogue (green dome.)
- Along the
banks of the river, greenery flourishes (old town Florence is devoid
of anything growing; there are even almost no window boxes.) Stately
buildings line the river bank.
Last modified: September 12, 2004