Getting to Yelapa: December 16-19
- I missed the last boat-taxi out to Yelapa (island) from Puerto Vallarta, so I had to pay $100 US for a private express. Let me tell you, this kid powered his boat at full rpm. We were bouncing up and down on the waves like nothing. I was glad when the 45 minute ride ended, and I could jump out into the surf and stagger up to my hotel on the beach.
- Pretty much what the coast south of Puerto Vallarta looks like. Mucho condo. Time share?
- The first of two rooms I stayed in at Hotel Lagunita on Yelapa. I was "upgraded" to this spacious room but I whined that I had reserved a thatched hut on the beach, so good ol' Lucas transfered me to the hut on the beach in a few days.
- Dinner my first night at the restaurant attached to Hotel Lagunita. It was quite good.
- The view from my (first) room.
- Right outside my room (which actually was a self-contained little cottage) is the pool. Kids did delight in it.
- To wit ... this is the cottage that was my first room.
- Another view out my room.
- I understand not everyone takes pictures of the shower. But I'm telling you. You look out at the ocean. Careful observers will note the Aveda bottles.
- If the beach at this cove in Yelapa isn't perfect, I don't know what is.
- This picture is for Ryan.
- Looking the other way down the beach.
- After I took this picture of the iguana, this guy told me people pay to take pictures of it. I just laughed my head off and said "That's not fair!" I'm not a stingy person but I didn't feel compelled to pay him for the pleasure.
- Yet another beach shot.
- In front of my cottage (first room) and just beyond the pool, there was a platform with a few chairs, perched a bit above the rocks and the ocean.
- The crocodile above the pool sometimes spews out fountains of cool water.
- This is my view as I sit in a blue canvas chair under the shade of a thatched roof. These are Hotel Lagunita chairs. Once in a great while (like, once every hour or two), a waitress might inquire if you'd like anything. I highly recommend the banana daiquiri made with fresh banana.
- A rather mundane view of the beachfront of Hotel Lagunita.
- My second room is the thatched hut in the center. Now is that cute or what.
- Every day is beach day.
- The inside of my second hut.
- The view from the doorway of my second room.
- The sunset from the doorway of my second room.
- I came into my hut one day and found a surprise roommate on the second bed. I thought it was interesting the cat knew to go to the unused bed.
- A closeup of my new pal. I am not sure how she got in, but I suppose a thatched hut cottage isn't that big of a challenge for a cat.