Hello Mexico: December 9-11
- The view from my window in Mosquito Blue hotel, Playa del Carmen, Yucatan (on the Atlantic, an hour south of Cancun. I spent my first week here.)
- The hotel has a lovely second floor veranda with comfy couches, and thankfully shaded as mid-day in the sun it's almost too hot and sunny to be in the sun.
- The beach is a block away. There are innumerable beach chairs and umbrellas, put up by hopeful restaurants and bars. The water is warm.
- I thought the fake lighthouse (part of a restaurant) was cute. Also good marker for when I wander up and down the beach. The thatched roof huts and bars are very common.
- Kids have no patience for this lounging in the sun, but instead get to work.
- The view from a bit south, looking back up towards my lighthouse.
- Another view of the veranda.
- The two-story veranda of the hotel Mosquito Blue, as seen from one of the two pools.
- You can get married on the beach.
- A view from a bit north, this time, looking down towards the lighthouse. The thatched roofs over beach chairs are common.
Last modified: January 3, 2005