Advance Birthday Party: October 9, 2004
- Late in the game,
Marianne pours champagne. Left to right: Stefan, Jorge, Achut.
- Ed in the kitchen. Chocolate cake from Just Desserts is soon to be carved up.
- It's a bit dark, but on the futon-couch: Audrey, Michael, Miriam.
- L to R: Michael, Audrey, Judith, Lucy, Tim. Tim is one the original Java people and he's still laboring there.
- Declaiming as usual. I wore my lucky shell necklace from Kauai. My friend Barbara from La Selva brought me a pumpkin! Achut (in red) is already planning how to carve it. He's a Burning Man artist himself.
- A great shot of Audrey! She was hard working as ever; cooked up the shrimp in chipotle sauce and did a lot of cleaning towards the end.
- After a year and four months in my apartment, I broke down and bought a 4-inch-tall houseplant, "pin cushion." It's really a groundcover. We'll see how long it lasts.
- The kitchen window. On my birthday cake, when I blew out the candles, I wished for management to decide to wash the windows on the Laning Chateau.
- Jorge, Michael, Miriam, Ed!
- Goetz is also a musician. And German.
- Judith and Stefan are a couple originally from Germany. We are all grateful for the new German bakery in Mountain View, Esther's. Esther's sells bread at the Palo Alto Farmer's Market and the farmer's market they go to.
- Audrey and Judith met at the employment center, I think. The three of us did a memorable bike ride across the Dumbarton bridge.
- Achut got his shirt from the same place where Hugh Daniels of GNU fame gets his.
- This is as close as you get to a picture of Natasha. I bought the flowers and the wheat at the farmer's market earlier in the day.
- Natasha and Goetz - it's getting late - in fact, Natasha joined us around midnight after she drove all the way to Palo Alto from a concert she played in, in Solano.
Last modified: Ocotber 10, 2004