Yosemite work week: Jerry's pictures from Tuesday evening, July 13, 2004
- Beth, VP of Yosemite Association, the nonprofit that organized this work week.
- Everyone milling about before the gala dinner. The tiny woman in the center is 89-year-old Celia who was born in Ideal Hospital, Endicott, NY - same as me!
- Noreen (our fearless leader) has the license plate FORESTA. She lives in Foresta, a community inside the park.
- More milling about.
- The dinner pans are ready and waiting.
- Kate is seated, and to her left is Noreen, our fearless leader!
- The gentleman turned half-way round is from Delaware North Corporation, the concessionaire that runs the campsights, the hotels, the stores, the restaurants. One gets the feeling they make quite a profit. I think they officially deny that.
- Don, Theresa, and Verle talk to the DNC guy.
- Rose confers with Noreen.
- Group shot.
- A genteel (plastic) glass of wine.
- Barbara illustrates a point.
- Michael, our Yosemite Institute cook and campsite host.
- And now from the front!
- Ann (we carpooled together from Palo Alto.)
- (Urgh) Help me with this peopl e - is she from Yosemite Association also? I know that's her busy little boy.
- Left to right: Belinda, Rose and Barbara.
- Our man from DNC.
- Celia (talking to me.)
- Beth from YA.
- The little boy is working the grounds.
- Recommended reading: "Field Guide to Invasive Non-Native Weeds of Mariposa, Madera and Fresno Counties." Put out by the Sierra-San Joaquin Noxious Weed Alliance.
- A wry moment.
- The two YA damsels.
Last modified: July 22, 2004