Wildflowers of the Many Glacier region
- From wildflower patch to fir trees to lakes.
- My favorite - the
towsled mop-headed little guys.
- A purple flower in rock.
- Red Rock Vista.
- A patch
of green against a wall of red.
- More of
my towsleded (sp?) headed favorites.
- A splash
of colour. We are still in Canada.
- In real life, these guys are limey green, not yellow. A beautiful green.
- And the
beginning in a series: the bear grass! Those guys sticking up.
grass amongst purple thingies.
Indian Paint-brush, with friends.
- Yes! More
- And more!
Can one have too much bear grass?
- Apparently not.
- Now this is supposed to show the wall of red rock juxtaposed with the field of flowers.
- Believe it or not, this is my favorite photograph of the entire Montana-Canada collection. Mosses, flowers, water trickling down rock.
- Beautiful things are seldom easy. Flowers take a foothold in sheer, vertical rock.
entire chain of flowers.
study in light, shade and color.
- Water streaming down vertical rock.
- The postcard. Bear grass before Lake Grinnell.
- On the boat on the way back to the Many Glacier Hotel.
closer. I was on the 4th floor but alas not with lake view. (Note to
self: next time, be sure to reserve room with lake view.)
Last modified: Tuesday, August 9: back home in Palo Alto, where they
have radio and newspapers and Internet and organic vegetables and much