September 15: Gaisberg Hike and more Luft-Ballon!
Gaisberg Hike and more Luft-Ballon!
You can't have too many pictures of hot-air ballons, that's my motto. However, you
should be thankful to realize that I am deleting about half of these, to spare your
- Mike, this one's for you! A model of the new ski lift. You put your skis on the outside.
- Dad and I
hiked partway up the Gaisberg just so I could get this scenic shot.
No, really, it was just so I could break in my new summer hiking
boots. JK JK JK. It was a beautiful day for a walk.
- A perfect picture of the Kirchbergian valley.
- Farmhouse along the way.
- Extremely cute and oddly immaculate goats.
- Unclear why I took this picture. Or why I'm publishing it. I fault the framiong: look at all that gray asphalt - really detracts from the shot.
- We make it back to the Pfarrhof (brimming with flowers) after about a 4-mile hike.
- The invasion of the Luft-Ballon.
- They're no more menacing than a silent, steady snowfall. I really don't understand where they touch down.
- The balloons disperse, the better to overtake the entire countryside.
- On the porch.
- "Oh nooooo! I'm mellllting!"
- Racing for touchdown.
- This would be an advertisement if it weren't just an Art Shot(tm). Or it would be an Art Shot(tm) if it weren't just an advertisement. Goesser Bier.
- Mom gets chilly in the evening air on the porch.
- Dad carries on, studying German. I donated my "Idiot's Guide" to his library.
Last modified: October 1, 2005