Gallery of Floral Photography, by Susan Dunlap
On Saturday, April 9, 2005, a couple dozen people dropped by between 3 and 6 p.m.
to enjoy a showing of Susan's photography. My pictures of Susan's pictures
are necessarily not 1/1000th as incredible as seeing the original.
- The artist Susan next to one of her works.
- I did this on purpose - I was trying to show the scale of the photograph, not (just) my superior collection of fridge magnets.
- A freesia in between my two north-facing windows.
- Closeup of the freesia.
- Susan before the multitude arrive: she's getting ready her binder of photographs, and also larger photos she can show to people.
- The miracle of my decluttered living space! This shot taken from the doorway into the kitchen/Zen room.
- A blue orange-peel-chair, tiny Tibetan prayer flags, and an expectant coat hook.
- Freesia and Susan.
- A view into the Zen room and the golden photo, catching the glint of light on the red photo. Futon-bed shoveled into place as couch, and covered with new weaving from the Mayans in Mexico!
- The party commences! From left to right: Audrey, Susan, Joyce's friend, Joyce, Mary Jane, and Becky.
- Fran and Miriam.
- Joyce looking mischevious!
- Susan, and, Mary Jane looking at the binder of photos.
- Mr. John Wharton.
- Cleo and Susan, with Audrey in the background.
- The inimitable, indefatigable Jorge! Audrey, of course, is by now working hard at the stove. (pot stickers)
- Susan and Fran, looking at the binder of photos.
- Miriam and Sigal.
- Is it Shiva, or is it Audrey and Natasha?
- I told you, Audrey has become a slave to potstickers. To everyone's delight.
- Cleo, Jorge and Mary Jane.
- The hostess and the guest of honor.
- Miriam and Marianne.
- Tibetan prayer flags, long loud colorful scarf with fringes, and an occupied blue orange-peel-chair.
- Finally Audrey sits down and has a bite to eat.
- The fabulous threesome, Marianne, Audrey and Susan.
- "Is it already 6:25?"
- I'm just trying to take lots of pictures of the resident artist, in case she can use any in her brochures ...
- Jorge and Miriam and Natasha's hat.
- Jorge apparently doesn't know?
- Our hostess is dancing with the coat hook. (actually this was a deliberate silly pose ...)
Last modified: April 12, 2005