Sunny Tuesday, November 22
A day of brownies, bicycles, Seaside book- and knick-knack-shopping. Dad rode a tiny
bike for a while till his legs told him enough was enough. Lara rode in the baby seat
on the back of a bike for the first time in her young life. Meanwhile, Eileen started
her trip to Seacrest - we expect her around 7 or 8 p.m.
- Third look.
- Da Lime and Da Coconut.
- Two aunts and an ant.
- The white sand beach and pounding ocean appeal to Lara, who got the hang of digging and shoveling very quickly.
- Blue blue sky hangs over the woooden walkway over the grassy dunes. It was in the 60s and only slightly breezy.
- Hey check it out - his sunglasses match her jacket, and her sunglasses match his fleece!
- Tarball, Florida style. Dredged up frm the bottom of the ocean; detritus of oil spills.
- Burying the shovel.
- The movie star on the beach.
- Dad looks very dapper in his khaki and beige, blending with the sand and foamy waves.
- Art Shot (tm) of patterns in the sand, made by retreating water.
- Riding Daddy.
- The sleep of angels.
- Nose into shoulder.
- Full-length view. Of Lara, anyway. Band of sunlight doesn't disturb the sleepers.
- Linda works on spreadsheets for her radiochemistry class. I think.
- Did I mention she is growing her hair out?
- Full set of teeth.
- Dancing blur.
- A philosophical dancer.
- Boogie down.
- Aunt Eileen arrives in time for dinner - leberkaese, potatoes, spinach, salat.
- And the card sharks have a 4th for pinochle.
- It is an open question whether more yogurt is ingested or used as body lotion.
- Fingers are generally more useful than spoons.
- "You laugh. I'm the one who gets to clean this all up every morning."
- Gerber baby.
- Blurred energy.
- Kathi the unflappable.
- Rainer has no right to look so chipper at the break of dawn. Well, actually, it's 9 a.m.
- Double-chin city! Calorie counting time!
- Beloved Teletubbies: Laa-Laa (Lara calls her Naa-Naa), Tinky-Winky and Dipsy. (Po is off screen.) All they do is smile and run around and play and hug each other. Pretty darn subversive.
- Three o'clock nap.
- Lance Armstrong, watch out!
- "It's not fair, they make me sit back here."
- Kathi races into view.
- Grandpa and Lara in endless rounds of "Ring around the rosy".
- Lara will do this for hours.
- Marianne takes over with a variation on the theme: instead of "we all fall down", it's "we all fall up!" and Lara is hoisted in the air.
- "What in the world are you doing, Aunt Marianne?" (It was "Miss Merry Mack" but that might be a game for an older age.)
Last modified: November 27, 2005