Clifton Park in December
Kathi invited me for a week visit, since I was moping around
due to my broken foot. Lara is full in two-and-a-half-year-old
mode; mood goes from fierce storm to sunny happy beach day in
about a half second. I attest that she can shriek for an hour
non-stop (at least) without getting a sore throat. She can also
be the sweetest child under heaven. Ella, meanwhile, continues
to be the smilingest baby ever.
- Lara's first hairpiece. Note Dora dress.
- I brought Lara the Dora backpack I bought for my high-concept but low-implementation Halloween costume. (I wore the backpack, and I was supposed to be Dora, but no one got it. I also carried a map.)
- Carly and Ella
- I love how Ella props herself up on her elbows
- It is so easy to get Ella to smile and laugh!
- Ella sits up (from a reclining starting position, no less)
- Kathi talking to Linda - admittedly this is hard to capture in the picture. We have the theory that Ella (six months) is cutting her first tooth.
- Carter, from across the street (4 years old).
- Studying the Chinese take-out menu on a Friday evening
- Ella is really not involved. She is learning to crawl, starting with scooting backwards.
- She seems to like her forays into crawling
- Kathi is suspicous
- Time to consult the Chinese cookbook for interpretation of some items on the take-out menu. We ended up with Szechuan Beef, pot stickers and eggplant in garlic sauce for mrm.
- This crawling around takes a lot of concentration
- The kidlets fit inside the yellow moon pillow
- Diane, the mother of 3-year old Michael, whose birthday we celebrated at Chuck E. Cheese's on Saturday, December 16
- On the merry-go-round
- Mommy cranks the cart ...
- ... and Lara flies through the air
- Time for pizza
- Distracted by one of the million or so video screens, clowns, whirring machines, blaring horns, flashing lights ...
- Dreaminess, or is she tired already?
- You can't tell, but, Lara is inside that yellow car that floats 8 feet of the ground
- It's connected to a high-up cage in a net
- Natalie, who lives two doors down from Kathi and Rainer
- Lara is transfixed by the Hungry Monster (she fed it any number of tokens, to no apparent effect)
- Lara is crawling down from the airways
- Self-portrait of Santa in seasonal hat
- Lara kept climbing up and down this contraption, then scampering along the "pipes" hung from the ceiling that connect to a slide (that she inexplicably refused to go down - she'd climb back down the way she got up)
- Lara in the sky way
- The sleep of the innocent
- I love her little hands
Marianne Mueller, email@example.com
Last modified: Sat Dec 16 13:14:54 PST 2006