The party after the baptism
Saturday, October 14
Clifton Park, NY
- Lara relaxes with a drink
- Mom with the new godparents
- Two Brothers (isn't that the name of a restaurant?)
- An odd shot: looking at Lara through the mesh of her tent
- Ella looks comfortable
- Thank goodness SOMEONE is working around here
- Ella looks improbably small
- A bit sleepy
- Neighbors from across the street
- Grandpa looks content
- Two flags flying
- At let us not forget ... the clan of kids
- Clearly Christian has been drinking
- Who is interrupting who?
- Kathi and Julie
- The alternative party: the kids downstairs.
- Looking at photo albums from years ago, from college days
- Here I am! The one in the longhorns sweatshirt!
- Old photo albums are fascinating. Remember Nora Ephron's words: when you see yourself from ten years ago, you're always amazed how good you looked back then, compared to what you thought you looked like. So remember this: in ten years you'll think the same thing! Not sure if this is a thought to cheer us up or depress us.
- Autumn leaves frame the birds perched on the sofa
- Lara helps out with the opening of the gifts
- Ella's attention is elsewhere
- I wish ...
- "Careful ...", Dad tells himself
- Holding Ella is serious business
- Linda imparts instruction to her new ward
- Now I'm wide awake again!
- Even babies get that far-away reflective look
- The family at rest - but competing to talk
- The baby who likes having her diaper changed
- A)Evidence of chubby legs B) Blackmail photograph for later years
Sunday, October 15
- At the sumptuous brunch at the country club the next day: Lara takes up reading to Ella
- Ella plays along
- Before we all started digging in - the tables of food stretched seemingly for miles
- Video display to distract Lara
- Back home, Lara reads to herself, but is a bit annoyed to be focused on
- She frowns at me, hoping that'll make me turn the camera's eye elsewhere
- Can't you leave me alone?!
Monday, October 16
- The gilded corridors and majestic staircases of the New York capitol building
- Ella cares less for politics and its trappings
- The flying saucer that landed on the capitol
- An attempt to capture a picture of the art rotating in the wind (plus two extraterrestrials, perhaps descended from The Egg)
- The Mothership
- We stopped for coffee and linzertort at a charming cafe in downtown Troy, which is worth an hour-long stroll
- War memorial
- Troy in autumn
- Lara survives her falls and cuts with the help of many-themed bandages
Marianne Mueller, email@example.com
Last modified: Sat Nov 4 09:36:54 PST 2006