Monterey Bay Aquarium - the trip
Sunday, September 24, pretty close to equinox by the way, with
Karin and Nika and Ian we headed to the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
- A giant artichoke, without children.
- A giant artichoke, with children.
- Nika coloring the placemat at The Giant Arthichoke Restaurant. Karin and I had the steamed
artichoke. Kids had kid food. Which includes snitching other people's steamed arthichoke, apparently.
- Halfway through a 3-hour marathon at the aquarium, we sit down for coffee (Karin and Marianne) and ice cream cookie sandwiches (Nika and Ian).
- Ian either refuses to pose, or (and this is my guess) he is the best at striking a pose. Artistry from the other side of the photographer's lense.
- They feed the penguins for something like a half hour, and make sure each penguin gets the number of fish it's supposed to get. The penguins all have names. Kids ask a lot of questions during the feed, and quite good questions, such as could they survive if they lived outside the aquarium (no).
Marianne Mueller, email@example.com
Last modified: Mon Sep 25 13:31:10 PST 2006