Way too many pictures from Thanksgiving!
I am beginning to think I need to modernize my method of publishing photos. troutlily.net is just labor-intensive! I know My Public loves it so perhaps I will persevere!
In 2008, we rented a 4-Br condo on the beach in Panama City. Kathi & Lara & Ella & Marianne & Aunt Eileen & Mom & Dad journeyed thence and hung out for a week (although Aunt Eileen could only stay for a couple days). We could play on the beach; swim in the indoor sometimes-heated pool; splash in the outdoor heated hot tub; check out Gulf World with dolphins and nearby playgrounds; and of course enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner chez Fitzhughs. Ella is 2 1/2 and Lara is 4 1/2 and the ages of the rest of us is left as an exercise for the reader.
Click on any photo to see a larger version.
- The horizontal Lara
- Extraordinarily cute!
- Grandma gets her exercise
- On our first outing to the beach (the condo was right on the beach) - Ella is delighted with it all
- Mom in Shades
- Tossing sand in the air
- Laughing away
- A pose, but such a sweet pose
- Trying on Grandma's slippers
- Grandma reading to Ella: "I'm a big sister"
- Lara has her own book
- Watching carefully
- Lara meets friends on the beach
- They slowly get used to the chilly water, thrilled by the waves coming in
- After each wave hits, they have to run back up the shore
- After a while, they nonchalently stand in the waves, letting them creep further and further up their legs, until they are (as you might expect) soaked
- It was windy and chilly, it should be noted!
- Contemplative Lara - I love this aspect
- and laughing Lara
- Running from the ocean
- At some point we shed the soaking wet pants since (ahem) the equivalent of swim suits were still on the girls
- As art shots go, rather dull
- So many books to read, so few hands to hold them!
- Ella adores her Aunt Linda
- Grandma's girl
- Upside down Ella
- Serious business of sorting sea shells (roughly several hundred were collected on every trip to the beach)
- The girls were standing on the tall chairs in order to sort the seashells; totally cute
- "Kiss Me Kate" is surprisingly a big favorite
- Hmm, Aunt Linda's salad is better than my salad
- The mini DVD player and the separate bedrooms to retire to were both wonderful things
- Our photographer looking rather seedy, with Ella
- Ready to hit the pool! It's finally heated up enough!
- Ah, legitimate Art Shot (tm)
- Eating pie to get up energy for Skip-Bo with Aunt Eileen
- Conked out
Marianne Mueller, email@example.com
Last modified: Sun Dec 14 21:12:47 PST 2008